If you were the victim of a car accident caused by an elderly driver in New Orleans, you might be able to pursue compensation for your damages. An attorney from Morris Bart, LLC, can help you understand your options to seek a payout for your medical care, lost wages, and other losses. A New Orleans elderly driver lawyer from our team can review your case for free. Call us now at (800) 537-8185 to get started.
Elderly Drivers and Car Accidents in New Orleans
As we age, our reaction time slows, and we may not be able to see a hazard and react as quickly as we once could. In addition, according to AAA, the following medical conditions can affect a senior’s ability to drive safely:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Cataracts, glaucoma, and other vision issues
- Diabetes, if uncontrolled
- Parkinson’s disease
- Sleep apnea, if not treated
- Strokes and the resulting physical and cognitive impairments
If you were injured in an accident with an elder driver in New Orleans, a lawyer at Morris Bart, LLC may be able to help you identify medical causes that may have prompted the accident, and hold the other driver liable.
Signs a Senior May Pose a Driving Risk
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, some signs that a senior may pose a danger behind the wheel include:
- They get lost in familiar areas.
- There are new dents or scratches on their vehicle they cannot explain.
- They begin receiving tickets for careless driving violations.
- Their doctor or another medical care professional advised them to stop driving because of a health condition or medication.
- They are easily overwhelmed by traffic, driving conditions, or weather.
- Their medication makes them fatigued or otherwise affects their driving.
- They received a ticket for impaired driving.
- They speed or drive too slowly with no apparent explanation.
- There are other reasons to question their physical or cognitive abilities.
If you suffered injuries in an accident in New Orleans, Orleans Parish, or New Orleans East, the legal team at Morris Bart, LLC would like to discuss your case with you today. We may be able to file an insurance claim and recover compensation for your medical care and other damages. Call (800) 537-8185 today for your complimentary consultation with New Orleans elderly driver lawyer with our team.
For a free legal consultation with a Elderly Driver Accident lawyer serving New Orleans, call 800-537-8185
An Attorney from Morris Bart, LLC, Can Build a New Orleans Car Accident Case for You
When you sign on for representation from Morris Bart, LLC, your New Orleans elderly driver attorney will go to work to investigate your accident and to build a case on your behalf. This may include:
- Identifying the cause of your accident
- Identifying the liable party or parties
- Collecting evidence to support your claim
- Documenting your accident-related expenses and losses
If the responsible party’s insurers are not willing to make a fair and reasonable settlement based on the evidence we present, we will not hesitate to file a civil suit and take your case to court. Call Morris Bart, LLC’s New Orleans office today at (800) 537-8185 for a free case review.
New Orleans Elderly Driver Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
Recoverable Damages in a New Orleans Elderly Driver Accident
You may be entitled to compensation for a wide range of damages following your accident. These could include:
- Current and future medical treatment
- Future and ongoing related care costs
- Current and future lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Other non-economic damages
These are not the only damages you may be able to include in your claim. If you are suffering from injuries after your car accident, working with a New Orleans elderly driver lawyer can allow you to focus on your recovery while your legal team handling your case gathers evidence, files paperwork, and communicates with insurance companies on your behalf.
Wrongful Death in a New Orleans Car Accident Case
If a member of your immediate family passed away as a result of their car accident injuries, you may be entitled to receive wrongful death damages. The recoverable losses in a wrongful death case may include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of wages and benefits previously provided by the deceased
We can explain the recoverable losses and examine your eligibility for a wrongful death claim during your free consultation with our New Orleans car accident team. Hiring a lawyer in a wrongful death case can give your family space to grieve while your lawyer handles your casework. For a free consultation, call us today at (800) 537-8185.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Do Not Let Time Run Out on Your New Orleans Car Accident Case
Under the Louisiana Civil Code, car accident victims only have one year from the date of their accident and injuries to file a lawsuit against the liable parties. If you are close to the one-year limit on your accident claim and have questions on how to proceed, contact our team. Even if the one-year time frame from your accident has passed, there may still be options for you to pursue a settlement.
Talk to a New Orleans Personal Injury Legal Team Today
If you sustained injuries in a car accident with an elderly driver in New Orleans, you may be able to seek and secure compensation to cover your related expenses and losses. Call the New Orleans car accident legal team from Morris Bart, LLC, now at (800) 537-8185. We can review your case for free today.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.