Originally from Chicago, Illinois, Mr. Jeffrey Lust earned his Bachelor of Arts in English from Indiana University. Mr. Lust first came to New Orleans to attend Tulane University School of Law in New Orleans, taking courses in both the Common and Civil Law tracks, and receiving his Juris Doctor in 1982. After graduation, Mr. Lust served as Law Clerk for The Honorable William H. Byrnes, III at the Louisiana Fourth Circuit Court of Appeal and practiced personal injury defense while with Monroe & Lemann until 1988.
Before returning to New Orleans and coming to Morris Bart, LLC in 2013, Mr. Lust worked for insurance defense firms and was Managing Trial Attorney for CNA Insurance Companies in Dallas, Texas where he also obtained the insurance designation Senior Claim Law Associate (SCLA). Mr. Lust’s prior legal experience includes insurance defense, subrogation, workers’ compensation, contracts, plaintiff’s personal injury and employment.
Mr. Lust is a member of the Louisiana and Texas State Bar Associations and is licensed to practice before all state courts in Louisiana and Texas as well as in the United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Louisiana and Northern District of Texas.
- B.A., Indiana University, Bloomington, 1979
- J.D., Tulane University School of Law, 1982
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Tennessee State Bar Association
- Texas State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas