Chanel Long joined Morris Bart, LLC in 2023. She graduated from The Tennessee State University cum laude. She was also a member of Psi Chi and a cheerleader.
Ms. Long received her Juris Doctorate from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law. While in law school she clerked for the Honorable Robert Murphy in the 24th Judicial District Court. During her second summer of law school, Ms. Long clerked with the Orleans Public Defenders Office. While there she successfully wrote a Motion to Suppress Evidence and Finding of No Probable Cause.
Prior to joining Morris Bart, LLC, Ms. Long worked as a public defender throughout Louisiana. She zealously represented numerous cases and conducted hundreds of hearings. Ms. Long is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association. She is licensed to practice law in all Louisiana State Courts and in the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana.
• B.S., The Tennessee State University
• J.D., Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
• Louisiana Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
• United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
• United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
• United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana