A native of Boynton Beach, Florida, Ms. Buggee Avery graduated from Tulane University with a B.A. in Latin American Studies. She continued her studies at the Loyola School of Law, where she received a certificate in International Law and her Juris Doctorate in 2000. While at Loyola, Janet served as the vice-president of the St. Thomas More Society, a community service organization. As a member of the Loyola Law Clinic, she received the Outstanding Student Practitioner Award.
Ms. Buggee Avery has prior legal experience in Social Security law and worked as a prosecutor in the New Orleans District Attorney’s Office. Ms. Buggee Avery is admitted to practice in the State of Louisiana and is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association.
- B.A., Tulane University, Program in Latin American Studies
- J.D., Loyola University School of Law
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana