Pedestrian accidents can be traumatizing. After suffering severe bodily harm and emotional, psychological, or trauma due to the negligence or even recklessness of the driver, it’s natural to experience a wave of overwhelming emotions. A pedestrian accident attorney can outline your legal options and next steps to get compensation for your losses.
The Morris Bart law firm can provide the efficient legal representation you need during this difficult time. Our Hattiesburg pedestrian accident attorneys have extensive experience with all types of accidents involving pedestrians. We understand that this is a stressful time for you, and we’ll deal with the insurance companies and court cases and leave you to focus on getting better.
Why do You Need a Hattiesburg Pedestrian Attorney
A Hattiesburg pedestrian accident can have detrimental effects on your life. The devastation of a pedestrian accident can take a major toll on your friends and family, too. Depending on the severity of your injuries, it may take months, if not years, of medical treatment to regain full recovery, which can be expensive.
If you have suffered injuries or loss in a pedestrian accident, it’s imperative that you discuss the circumstances of your injury or loss with an experienced pedestrian accident attorney in Hattiesburg. A knowledgeable attorney can discuss your options and help you seek fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
An experienced Hattiesburg pedestrian accident attorney will take into consideration the present and potential future losses to protect your rights and interests to compensation. Your attorney will handle all aspects of the process, from dealing with the insurance company to negotiating a fair settlement to pursuing litigation if necessary.
For a free legal consultation with a Pedestrian Accident lawyer serving Hattiesburg, call 800-537-8185
A Hattiesburg Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Can Protect Your Legal Rights and Livelihood
In many cases, the driver is at fault for the pedestrian accident. In this case, the motorist should be held accountable for the bodily injuries as well as the emotional and psychological trauma suffered by the pedestrian. If the injuries are severe enough, the victim will have to spend some time off work, resulting in financial hardship.
After a pedestrian accident, the driver’s insurer will most likely try to place fault on you and use it as grounds to deny any claims you file. Even if they offer compensation, chances are it’s grossly undervalued and does not take into consideration your pain and suffering. Hiring an experienced pedestrian accident attorney ensures the protection of your legal rights and livelihood.
Mississippi’s Pedestrian Accident Laws
Mississippi is a comparative fault state, which means you can still pursue compensation even if you were partially at fault for the accident. In this case, the settlement awarded will depend on the pedestrian’s degree of fault for the accident. An experienced attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
How do I Know If I Have a Case?
A pedestrian accident attorney will closely examine the facts that led to you being struck by a vehicle to help you determine if you have a case. If you choose to take the case to trial, the attorney will have to establish negligence on the part of the driver. They must also prove that the actions of the motorists led to the accident that caused your injuries.
Click to contact our Hattiesburg Personal Injury Lawyers today
What to Do after a Hattiesburg Pedestrian Accident
Being involved in a pedestrian accident can be a very unsettling experience. After being struck by a moving vehicle, most people are in a state of shock, if not unconscious, from the impact. Either way, as soon as you are able to think clearly, there are some steps to take after the accident to ensure your legal rights.
- Seek medical assistance. If you are still conscious, the first thing you should do is call 911 to seek medical attention for your injuries and any other persons hurt during the incident. If you are unconscious, this responsibility falls on the driver or witnesses, if any.
- Document your injuries. After contacting emergency medical services, start documenting your injuries and gathering evidence at the scene of the accident. Use your mobile phone to take as many pictures as you can.
- Call the police. Most pedestrian accidents where someone is injured require the presence of the police. The police will file a report, and if there is reasonable suspicion that the motorist was under the influence, the police may arrest them after filing the report.
- Obtain driver details and other important information. If you can, you should obtain driver details such as license number, registration, insurance information, and contact information.
- Get witness contact information. If there were any witnesses at the scene of the accident, be sure to obtain their contact information. You should also write down as much detail as you can remember while the incident is still fresh in your mind.
- Do not admit fault. Regardless of the events that led to you or your loved one being hit by a car, do not admit fault to the driver or the insurance company. In fact, you should not discuss fault with anyone at the scene of the accident.
- Call a pedestrian accident attorney. Finally, you need to contact a pedestrian accident attorney to help you pursue the insurance claim and file a personal injury lawsuit if necessary.
Get Help from an Expert Hattiesburg Pedestrian Accident Attorney Today
With mounting medical bills, missing work for weeks and even months, not to mention the physical, psychological, and physical trauma from the incident, a severe pedestrian accident can turn your world upside down. By helping you navigate the complicated and often confusing claims process, a pedestrian accident attorney can help soften this unprecedented blow.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a pedestrian accident, attorneys at Morris Bart law firm can help. With over 40 years of experience dealing with pedestrian accidents in the Hattiesburg area, our highly-qualified pedestrian accident attorneys will aggressively advocate for a fair and swift settlement for your loss. Contact us today to discuss your matter with a pedestrian accident expert free of charge.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.