Up to a million American workers suffer from back injuries every year. You may overlook the impacts of neck or back injuries, but they can lead to chronic pain that requires long-term medical treatment. In some worse cases, these injuries may lead to permanent disability.
Our lawyers at Morris Bart know that neck or back injuries can place a significant financial and emotional burden on you and your loved ones. Our personal injury attorneys will skillfully navigate your case on your behalf to ensure that you get a proper monetary reward.
Examples of Back and Neck Injury Cases We Handle
Most back and neck injury cases result from other people’s recklessness or negligence. If you are one of these victims, you can bring legal action against the at-fault party to receive compensation for the losses you incurred. Here are some of the common causes of these injuries:
- Bike injuries: Bike riders are prone to neck and back injuries if they collide with negligent drivers because they have little protection. If you are involved in such accidents, you need a Hattiesburg back and neck injury lawyer to identify the at-fault party and help you obtain compensation as per the Mississippi law.
- Slip and fall accidents: Incidents of slip and fall are common and can happen anywhere. A back and neck lawyer in Hattiesburg can help determine whether there is a premise liability claim and make sure that you receive compensation for the injuries and damages.
- Construction accidents:Construction work involves lots of dangerous tasks. Some of the potential hazards include scaffolding and falling off ladders, leading to back or neck injuries.
- Car accidents: Car crashes involve tremendous force, especially after a collision, leading to disc injuries, broken back or neck, whiplash, among others. A report by Oxford Academic revealed that over 800,000 cases of car crashes feature neck injuries in the United States each year.
- Truck accidents:Due to the sheer size of large and heavy trucks, an accident can lead to devastating back or neck injuries. Dealing with these cases can be complicated because of the various parties that can bear the responsibility for the accident.
Most of these incidents occur because an employer, a store owner, a driver, a coach, and other parties acted negligently. However, note that it’s a complex process for you to prove that the at-fault party’s negligent behavior led to your injuries. That is why you should consult our lawyers immediately after an accident happens.
For a free legal consultation with a Back and Neck Injury lawyer serving Hattiesburg, call (601) 602-8431
Compensation for Neck and Back Injuries
You can get compensated for various issues after a neck and back injury, including:
- Lost income and benefits
- Medical bills
- Reduced quality of life
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Physical pain and suffering
- Reduced earning capacity
However, you may not get your total compensation without involving a lawyer who knows the ins and outs of such cases, especially when you need future treatment. Our lawyers work hand in hand with doctors to determine the entire compensation you need, including any future expenses related to your injury.
Why an Experienced Back and Neck Injury Attorney in Hattiesburg is Important
Personal injury litigation is a complex process that requires the assistance of an experienced attorney. If you or a loved one gets neck or back injuries and are seeking compensation for various related costs, you have a higher chance of receiving a greater settlement if you have a personal injury lawyer by your side.
Also, your own insurance company and that of the potentially responsible party will be anxious to speak with you about the injury settlement of your claim. These insurance companies are only interested in devaluing your injuries and offering you quick settlements that are less than you deserve. That’s why you should always work with a neck and back injury lawyer before you start engaging with any insurer.
Get Legal Assistance from Our Lawyers Today
Injuries to your back or neck can be debilitating, whether minor or severe, and the recovery journey is also long and often not complete. Considering such serious consequences, you need to discuss your situation with a Hattiesburg back and neck injury attorney at Morris Bart.
Call us for a free consultation about your injury today. We have a team of experienced lawyers who are ready to fight on your behalf and ensure that you get justice and the compensation you deserve. You owe us no attorneys fees until we get a monetary reward for you.
Questions?Call (601) 602-8431
to find a Morris Bart office near you.