Did you sustain injuries when a careless driver hit you while riding your bicycle around Forrest or Lamar counties? If so, a Hattiesburg bicycle accident attorney from the Morris Bart law firm could help you get the justice and compensation you deserve. We represent victims of car versus bike accidents. As a result, we can often hold the at-fault motorist responsible and recover cash settlements for our clients.
An attorney from our personal injury law office in Hattiesburg will assess your case for free. We provide complimentary consultations for victims of these crashes, determining their rights, options for legal action, and how we can help.
Recoverable Damages in a Hattiesburg Bicycle Collision Claim
When our lawyers seek a financial recovery for a client, we want the insurer or liable party to compensate them for the expenses and losses they incurred because of their injuries. Therefore, to prove their case, we need to identify as many of these damages as possible and document them.
Recoverable damages in a Hattiesburg bicycle accident case could include:
- Medical treatment and care
- Ongoing and future care expenses
- Lost income for time missed at work
- Diminished ability to work and earn
- Property damage
- Miscellaneous expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Other noneconomic losses
Wrongful Death in a Hattiesburg Cycling Accident
Severe injuries can occur when a car strikes a cyclist, especially at higher speeds. The cyclist may even suffer fatal injuries. When this happens, their family may need to take legal action to get the justice they deserve. Under these circumstances, we will meet with immediate family members to discuss the case and their legal rights.
If your loved one died from their accident injuries, you have our sincerest condolences. We can also help you pursue a wrongful death claim under Miss. Code Ann. § 11-7-13, allowing you to seek compensation for immediate family members. We will represent you and manage your claim.
For a free legal consultation with a Bicycle Accident lawyer serving Hattiesburg, call (601) 602-8431
Morris Bart, LTD, Fights to Protect the Rights of Bicycle Accident Victims
The Morris Bart law firm has over 40 years of experience handling traffic collision claims and lawsuits. We know what it takes to develop a strong claim and settle the case with a fair payout.
We also understand how stressful this process can be on victims. That is why we handle everything for you. You can focus on healing while we fight for the compensation you deserve based on the facts of your case by:
- Investigating what caused the collision
- Working with experts, including accident reconstruction specialists
- Obtaining documents such as the police report and your medical records
- Interviewing witnesses
- Managing all communications with the insurer
- Calculating a fair value on the claim
- Demanding an appropriate settlement
- Negotiating with the insurance company for a fair agreement
- Suing and representing you at trial if necessary
We also handle claims based on a range of injuries, including devastating, catastrophic injuries. If your loved one sustained injuries, you could contact us to discuss how this process works when the victim cannot file their claim because of their injuries.
We Get Results for Our Clients
Our case results showcase our ability to seek and secure fair compensation for our clients. In 2019, we recovered money damages for more than 6,500 clients across our 15 locations, covering four states. Examples of awards we recovered include:
- $852,845 for a car accident victim in New Orleans
- $580,000 in a Hattiesburg car accident case
- $490,000 in a Hattiesburg commercial vehicle collision
- $430,000 for the victim of a New Orleans bicycle accident
Hattiesburg Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (601) 602-8431
Building a Case to Support a Hattiesburg Insurance Claim
Before our attorneys file an insurance claim based on a client’s accident and injuries, we investigate what happened and gather evidence to support our allegations against the at-fault driver. While this evidence can differ from case to case, it commonly includes:
- The accident report filed by law enforcement
- Other documentation from first responders
- Interviews with witnesses
- Video of the crash
- Accident reconstruction
- Expert statements
- Documentation of our client’s damages
This evidence helps our lawyers—and the insurance representatives, judge, jury, and others—understand what happened and why our team took on this fight for compensation for our client. We need to ensure others can see the case clearly and agree that our client deserves justice.
We know what it takes to prove crashes that occur because the driver:
- Violated a traffic law because of careless or reckless actions
- Drove drowsy, distracted, drunk, or drugged
- Failed to yield
- Did not look before changing lanes
- Did not use proper caution in turns
- Ran a red light or stop sign
- Did not provide a cyclist enough room when passing
Deadlines for Taking Legal Action in a Hattiesburg Bicycle Collision Case
Per Miss. Code Ann. § 15-1-49, crash victims in Mississippi only have up to three years to file the initial complaint and begin a personal injury lawsuit. Exceptions could reduce this period.
We generally negotiate a settlement before this deadline arrives, and there is no reason to worry about it. We do not need to take most cases to trial. However, there are times when it might become necessary to file suit, such as when the insurer:
- Blames you for causing the crash
- Does not want to cover all or some of your damages
- Disagrees about case facts that could affect the outcome
- Drags out negotiations too long in hopes the filing deadline passes
Morris Bart, LTD Offers Free Case Reviews in Hattiesburg
Reach out to a lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm to discuss your potential insurance claim or lawsuit. We provide complimentary consultations for crash victims and their families. You can speak with one of our lawyers today to assess the strength of your case. We have someone available 24/7.
Call (601) 602-8431 now to speak with a bicycle accident lawyer serving Hattiesburg.
Questions?Call (601) 602-8431
to find a Morris Bart office near you.