If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident because of someone driving under the influence (DUI) of drugs or alcohol, you could seek compensation from the responsible party. You don’t have to do it alone, though. While you recover from your injuries, you can leave all the hard work to our team.
A Hattiesburg DUI accident lawyer with the Morris Bart law firm can help you pursue financial recovery and hold the at-fault party accountable for their reckless actions. You may be able to recover compensation to pay for all your accident-related losses.
Recoverable Compensation for a Hattiesburg DUI Accident
Driving under the influence is illegal. People who violate DUI laws can face serious criminal charges and penalties, including fines, jail time, and license suspension. While criminal proceedings aim to hold the driver responsible for their illegal actions, they do not provide any assistance for the accident victims. That is where a car accident lawyer at the Morris Bart law firm can help.
A personal injury case allows victims injured in a DUI accident to secure compensation for economic and non-economic losses they sustained. Losses you could pursue in a DUI accident injury case include:
Economic damages are compensatory damages that cover the expenses related to your injuries. They may include:
- Medical expenses, such as hospital bills, surgery costs, physical therapy, medication, and assistive devices
- Lost income for work missed or business lost due to your DUI accident injuries
- Vocational rehabilitation, such as training or education for a new job or career
- Domestic assistance and in-home care for DUI injuries
Non-economic damages are losses you cannot quantify with invoices or other documentation. Examples of non-economic damages include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Reduced quality of life
You deserve compensation for all losses you sustained due to an intoxicated driver’s reckless actions. The Morris Bart law firm is here to help you pursue justice and fair financial compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a DUI Accident lawyer serving Hattiesburg, call 800-537-8185
Get Results With an Outstanding Injury Law Firm in Hattiesburg
After an accident caused by a drunk driver, you may face numerous physical, psychological, and financial challenges. While you recover your health, you may miss work, which can make it harder to cover your usual bills, let alone mounting medical expenses. Fortunately, you have legal options to recover from these losses. A skilled personal injury attorney with the Morris Bart law firm can help you understand your rights and represent your interests in court.
When you work with a dedicated DUI accident lawyer from our office, you benefit from our years of experience in Mississippi injury law. Our firm has the knowledge and resources to pursue fair compensation for your DUI injury. Past clients say:
- “…I had an accident and I had Morris Bart helping me out. He was pretty good and had Stephen Johnson as my attorney. And I would advise anybody that needs services to get in touch with Morris Bart and his team. That’s one call, that’s all it takes.” – Harry
- “…I’d like to thank Morris Bart for fighting my case and making everything well. Just one call saves it all, Morris Bart!” – Bobby
Dedicated Legal Support for Your Hattiesburg DUI Injury Claim
When you contact the Morris Bart law firm for assistance with your DUI accident case, we can immediately begin preparing your case for trial. Our team will review your case during a free, no-obligation consultation. If we work together, our Hattiesburg DUI lawyers can:
- Obtain evidence to prove the DUI driver was at fault
- Establish whether other parties are liable for your DUI accident
- Determine which damages you are owed for your DUI accident injuries
- Submit an insurance claim with the at-fault party’s carrier
- File a personal injury lawsuit against the DUI driver and other responsible parties
- Negotiate with the at-fault parties and their insurance carriers to secure a fair settlement
- Represent you in your DUI injury case, including cross-examinations, depositions, and trial proceedings
- Handle all correspondence and calls regarding your DUI injury case
No matter how complex your case is, our team will aggressively pursue justice and fair compensation for your losses due to a DUI driver’s negligence.
Our Skilled DUI Accident Attorneys in Hattiesburg do Not Charge Upfront Fees
At the Morris Bart law firm, we aim to reduce the stress associated with your DUI accident injuries. That is why we take DUI accident cases on a contingency-fee basis.
When we take your case, you pay nothing upfront for our legal representation. Our attorneys do not get paid until we win or settle your case. Once we achieve a fair settlement or award, we will retain a portion of your compensation for our services.
Time Limits for Filing a Hattiesburg DUI Accident Case
Filing a DUI accident case can be time-consuming, especially when you are recovering your health. Miss. Code Ann. § 15-1-49 gives you three years from the date of your DUI accident to file a lawsuit against the responsible party. This time frame may differ depending on the circumstances of your accident, so you should speak with an attorney as soon as possible.
Determining Fault Following a Hattiesburg DUI Accident
While a driver operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol is typically held accountable for damages associated with their poor decision, other parties could be liable. Specifically, a bar, restaurant, or other facility that served alcohol to the DUI driver could be held responsible.
The facility selling alcohol and their employee or agent may be liable for DUI accident damages if they allowed a visibly intoxicated person to purchase an alcoholic beverage.
Whether you pursue charges against the intoxicated driver or the business that provided the alcoholic beverages, you must be able to prove they were negligent and that their negligence directly caused your injuries. You must also show that your injuries caused you to suffer damages. Our team will work to provide the necessary evidence, including:
- Blood alcohol content (BAC) and field sobriety test results
- Police accident reports
- Eyewitness testimony
- Photos and videos of the accident scene
- Medical records
Call for Your Free Consultation With a Hattiesburg DUI Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in an accident with an intoxicated driver in Hattiesburg, you could seek compensation for your losses. No one should be held liable for an accident they did not cause.
Contact our attorneys today for a free consultation. We will review the details of your case and help you understand your legal options.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.