If you suffered injuries or if your loved one died due to a Monroe truck accident, you have a legal right to compensation for your losses. You could be eligible for compensation for your injuries, pain and suffering, time missed at work, and more. A Monroe truck accident lawyer can help you formulate and execute a plan to hold the responsible party accountable for their actions. Call the legal team at Morris Bart, LLC today for a free consultation. Our number is (318) 884-0904. We represent clients on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning there are no up-front costs. We only take payment if our client receives a settlement or ruling in court.
Not Every Driver Is as Careful as They Should Be
Every driver on Monroe’s roadways has a responsibility not to put other road users at an unreasonable risk of suffering harm—including professionals operating a vehicle for work. This is referred to as a standard of care. If a driver is negligent of this standard, they could be held liable for damages you sustain in a resulting accident. The truck driver in your accident may have neglected their standard of care as a motorist if they were:
- Running a red light, running a stop sign, or not properly reacting to a yield sign
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the accident
- Engaged in an improper driving maneuver, such as changing lanes abruptly or crossing multiple lanes, that led to the accident
- Distracted at the time of the accident by their phone, eating or drinking, the vehicle’s entertainment system, or any action that took their attention away from driving
- Driving at nighttime or dusk without their headlights
- Not maintaining essential safety aspects of their vehicle
If you suspect another driver acted with negligence in your accident, contact Morris Bart, LLC for a free consultation call. Our Monroe truck accident lawyers will listen to your case and answer your questions about holding the party that caused your injuries accountable. Contact us today at (318) 884-0904.
For a free legal consultation with a Truck Accident lawyer serving Monroe, call 800-537-8185
A Driver May Not Be the Only Party Liable for Your Losses
There may be other liable parties in your truck accident case besides the truck driver. If the truck driver is an employee or contractor for a larger company, that company may have liability in your accident if they:
- Failed to properly screen, train, and license the driver
- Failed to conduct regular tests for drug and alcohol use by drivers
- Failed to maintain a fleet of trucks that was safe and road-ready
- Pressured drivers to operate in an unsafe manner, or without enough rests between shifts
If a mechanical failure caused the truck accident, a truck mechanic or truck component manufacturer could be liable for your losses as well. A Monroe representative from Morris Bart, LLC can discuss the possible liable parties in your case during your free consultation call.
Monroe Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
Possible Compensation from Your Case
Depending on the specifics of your case, compensation awarded to you could cover:
- The total of your treatment from injuries caused by the accident, including medical bills, emergency care, surgery, hospital stays, and more
- Income you have lost as a result of being unable to work while recovering from the accident
- Diminished earning power
- Pain and suffering
- And more
If you are bringing a wrongful death case on behalf of a family member who passed away in a Monroe truck accident, awards may include coverage for:
- Funeral expenses
- The loss of the deceased’s income
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- And more
To discuss the awards possible in your case, contact a Monroe truck accident lawyer at Morris Bart, LLC today. Our number is (318) 884-0904.
A Lawyer’s Value to Your Case
When you work with Morris Bart, LLC our lawyers will defend your rights with actions that can include:
- Getting a record of the accident from your perspective, informing you on possible outcomes in your case, answering questions, and updating you along the way
- Filing court documents and managing your case deadlines
- Obtaining witness testimony to the accident, and re-interviewing eyewitnesses as needed
- Collecting and organizing evidence that is relevant to your case, including videos of the accident, photographs of the scene, and police reports
- Obtaining documentation of your injuries that demonstrates the liability of the defendant and the full extent of your losses
- Handling communication and negotiations with the defendant’s insurance company on your behalf
Morris Bart, LLC is committed to defending your rights throughout this process. If the insurance companies are not willing to make you a fair settlement offer based on the evidence we produce, we will not back down from taking them to court.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Our Team at Morris Bart, LLC Today
According to Louisiana’s liberative prescription, there is generally a one-year statute of limitations on personal injury and wrongful death cases. This means that if you wait more than one year from the date of your accident to take legal action, your case may no longer be eligible. Do not wait to call a Monroe truck accident lawyer at Morris Bart, LLC at (318) 884-0904 for a free consultation. There may be exceptions to this one-year time limit in certain cases. Morris Bart, LLC wants to ensure that you get the justice you deserve. Our firm operates on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning there are no up-front costs for our representation. You pay us nothing unless we win on your behalf.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.