Many people do not realize that the vast majority of injury claims today are not resolved through expensive and contentious trials but rather through negotiations and settlement agreements. As a result, most individuals that have been injured in an accident will never even see a courtroom, let alone secure a verdict in court.
However, due to these misunderstandings and many unknowns surrounding personal injury cases, there are numerous questions that clients often have regarding a personal injury lawsuit and their chance of success. For these reasons, in this below blog post, we have responded to some of these frequently asked questions in hopes of providing you the information you need to know and showing you how an experienced personal injury attorney can help you go after the justice and compensation you deserve.
Are You Entitled to Compensation After an Accident?
One of the more common questions that many people have following a personal injury accident is whether they will be able to recover money for their losses and injuries. However, the answer to this question is not as straightforward as many people expect it to be. In fact, for individuals to receive any compensation following their accident, they first need to show that another individual was responsible for their accident.
This means that accident victims will often have to show that another person’s reckless, intentional, or negligent actions caused their accident. Yet, to prove negligence, the accident victim will need to establish the following:
- The at-fault party owed them a duty of care
- The at-fault party breached this duty
- This breach was the direct and proximate cause of their harm and losses
- The losses and injuries that resulted caused substantial financial damages
However, proving these elements is often a tedious and complicated ordeal, especially without an experienced personal injury attorney on your side. For these reasons, following an accident, you should reach out to a skilled personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. These attorneys can help you prove each of these elements and show that another individual was responsible for your damages.
For a free legal consultation, call 800-537-8185
How Much Is a Personal Injury Case Worth?
Even though an experienced personal injury attorney can tell you what types of damages you can pursue in a personal injury lawsuit, no lawyer can tell you exactly how much a personal injury case is worth. This is usually because there are numerous factors that can impact the value of a legal claim. For instance,
- The amount of losses you sustained: One factor that will impact the amount of compensation you can receive is the number of bills you have already incurred because of your accident. This includes your doctor visits, hospital stay, surgery costs, and other medical expenses related to your care.
- The amount of lost wages:You will also be able to pursue compensation for the lost income you sustained from not being able to work following the accident, as well as your lost earning capacity.
- The extent of your injuries:Typically, the more severe the injuries, the more your case will be worth.
- Unexpected losses: In addition to collecting money for the actual losses that resulted from the accident, you may also be able to pursue incidental losses that result from the accident, such as costs related to child care services or grocery shopping services, because you cannot handle these tasks anymore.
If you want to fight for maximum damages following your accident, you should reach out to an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as you can. These lawyers can prepare strong legal arguments establishing each of these factors and help you pursue the total compensation you need.
What Types of Damages Can You Pursue in a Personal Injury Case?
If you suffered harm in a personal injury accident, you may be entitled to compensation for the harm you endured. This compensation often includes both economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Medical bills related to doctor visits, hospital stay, prescription medications, and surgeries
- Future ongoing care
- Lost wages and lost earning capacity
- Personal property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium
- Limb loss
Yet, because these damages include both easily quantifiable and hard-to-prove losses, you should reach out to an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. These lawyers can not only figure out which damages may apply to your case, but they can also help you go after every last dollar your injury has cost you.
Personal Injury Attorneys Can Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
If you want to collect monetary damages following your personal injury accident, you will need to not only satisfy all the legal elements of proof but present a solid case establishing what happened and who was at fault. However, following this devastating accident, this is probably the last thing you want to worry about.
Fortunately, with an experienced personal injury accident lawyer on your side, you will not have to take on this fight alone. Instead, you can focus on your healing and recovery while these lawyers pursue the damages and justice you deserve.
Once these lawyers are retained, they can:
- Determine if you have a viable claim and figure out what legal options you can pursue.
- Investigate your personal injury accident and gather the evidence needed to show fault and damages.
- Hire investigators, such as accident reconstructionists to piece together your accident and validate your claim.
- Hold all the parties responsible for your accident accountable for the harm and losses you endured.
- Negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
- Head to court if the other side is unwilling to negotiate fairly and fight for a successful resolution.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Fight for the Justice You Deserve, Contact Morris Bart Today
If you or a family member has sustained serious injuries in a personal injury accident, do not wait to get the legal help you need. Instead, contact Morris Bart today for a free case evaluation and let our lawyers show you how we can fight for the successful outcome you need.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.