Accidents that involve motorcycles can occur in the blink of an eye. Motorcycles are relatively smaller than cars and can maneuver flexibly, and it can be challenging for other motorists to see a rider or anticipate a bike on the road. Also, motorcyclists lack the protection of an enclosed car; hence victims are vulnerable to severe injuries if involved in an accident.
The above circumstances show the matter’s sensitivity and how complex a personal injury claim can get. It’s also clear that the journey to fair compensation isn’t a smooth one. But all this can change if you partner with an experienced injury attorney from Morris Bart law firm.
Why You Need a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Marrero
It’s possible to file a motorcycle accident claim without a Marrero motorcycle accident attorney’s guidance, especially if you suffered minor or no injuries and the facts of your claim are straightforward. However, the journey won’t be as smooth as you expect. It could leave you with severe injuries and immense property damage, and you may have to bear the cost of repairs and purchase parts that are completely worn out.
The person who caused the accident through negligence will likely deny the claim. Already, an attorney could be preparing a solid defense against your suit.
We Can Help You Handle the Insurance Companies
You may have to negotiate with profit-focused insurance adjusters known to employ numerous tactics that leave victims with less compensation or nothing at all. Notably, even your insurance provider that you pay premiums to can decline your suggested damage.
The claims process isn’t as straightforward, especially if you’ve never been through the same or aren’t familiar with Marrero motorcycle laws. For instance, the comparative negligence doctrine may come into play if you’re found to be partly responsible for the accident.
All these challenges can limit the amount of compensation you’ll get. If you’re not keen, you may end up with nothing. A personal injury attorney will be your buffer against any form of exploitation, fully representing you and fighting for sufficient compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a Motorcycle Accident lawyer serving Marrero, call 800-537-8185
Ways in Which a Marrero Motorcycle Accident Attorney Will Boost Your Case
It’s hard to navigate the numerous hurdles of filing a motorcycle accident claim. At this time, your lead priority should be your well-being and state of health, and nothing else should drain you further.
When you partner with a motorcycle accident attorney in Marrero, you won’t be stressed about the difficulties of getting the deserved compensation. The expert will boost your claim in these ways:
- Protect your rights – Motorcycle accident claims are high-value due to the potential injuries these incidents can cause. Insurance companies won’t be willing to compensate you fully and will employ delay tactics or blame you partly, but your attorney will always protect your rights.
- Link you to specialized treatment – Your primary concern after a motorcycle accident is your well-being and quick recovery. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Marrero will help you achieve this by linking you to top healthcare experts in their networks.
- Expert guidance – It’s easy to make mistakes when filing a motorcycle accident claim. However, a Marrero motorcycle accident lawyer will thoroughly guide you so that you don’t make the common errors that could reduce the potential compensation or nullify the lawsuit.
- Evidence gathering – Sufficient evidence is necessary when proving the other party’s negligence or excepting yourself from fault, but you can’t gather this if you’re also recovering from the accident. An experienced attorney will gather every relevant piece of evidence for a strong case.
- Supervise insurer communication – Insurance companies are known to reach out to victims and speak with them. But a Marrero motorcycle injury attorney will guide your conversations, so you don’t make this mistake.
- Handling the relevant documentation – It’s hard to keep track of all documentation pertinent to your claim, including healthcare records and police reports. Your attorney will take care of them, allowing you a peaceful recovery.
- Settlement negotiations – With years of experience handling Marrero motorcycle accident claims, your attorney knows what to include as damages to attract the highest potential compensation. They’ll consist of all elements and prevent exploitation by insurers.
- Help with filing a lawsuit – Some motorcycle accident claims don’t settle and must be solved in court. Your attorney will file a lawsuit and update you on anything you need to know.
- Lienholder negotiations – Accident victims who’ve received any form of benefits, will have to first clear with lienholders before they get compensated. An attorney will ensure they deduct the agreed amount so that you get something to reimburse your losses.
Marrero Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
What Are Your Rights After a Motorcycle Accident in Marrero?
You have several rights if you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, such as:
The Right to Medical Treatment
It’s your right to seek healthcare services after an accident. Even if you feel unhurt and safe, it’s always a great idea to consult with a physician or head to the emergency room.
The Right to Gather and Preserve Evidence
Every party in an accident can collect evidence to help their side of the case. You can use the evidence to contest an insurer’s determination of fault or sue the responsible parties. You need proof like:
- Photographs of the scene, road, and motorbike
- Dashcam footage capturing the actual events that preceded the crash
- Testimonies from bystanders and witnesses
- Medical records and receipt for any cost resulting from the accident
The Right to File an Insurance Claim
Did you sustain injuries in a motorcycle accident? The law lets you file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurer. You can also file a claim with your own insurance provider if the other motorist is uninsured.
The Right to File a Lawsuit
Insurance payouts sometimes can’t compensate victims, and you can file a lawsuit against the negligent motorist, insurance company, or vehicle manufacturer. Be sure to file your motorbike injury lawsuit within the one-year deadline provided by the Louisiana statute of limitations.
The Right to Speak with an Attorney
You should contact an attorney immediately after the accident for compassionate representation. Most attorneys charge on a contingency basis, and you’ll only pay attorney’s fees after you’re compensated.
An Experienced Marrero Motorcycle Attorney Is Ready to Help You
Did you suffer property damage and bodily harm due to a motorcycle accident in Marrero that wasn’t your mistake? Did someone else’s negligence cause the incident that led to your injuries? A reputable motorcycle accident attorney from Morris Bart is ready to help you seek compensation.
Schedule your free case assessment today.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.