Car accident injuries can be exorbitantly expensive to treat – especially after high-speed wrecks. Unfortunately, recovering fair compensation after a collision is a legally complicated process.
Even if liability and negligence seem obvious, the at-fault party might deny liability, or the insurance company may undervalue or deny your claim. For this reason, all drivers should know how to protect their interests after a serious wreck.
If you were injured by a negligent driver in Alabama, contact Morris Bart & Associates, LLC. An accident attorney in Mobile will evaluate your case to determine if you may be entitled to compensation for health-care expenses, lost wages and non-economic damages.
For a free legal consultation, call 800-537-8185
Our legal team will gather evidence, interview witnesses, evaluate the police report and help you fight for the highest possible settlement. If your case goes to trial, our attorneys have the litigation experience to represent your interests in court. Call 800-537-8185 today to schedule a free initial consultation.
8 Tips to Protect Your Interests after a Car Accident
Your actions and statements in the aftermath of a car wreck can have a profound effect on your ability to recover fair compensation for medical bills, lost income and other damages. As such, it is important that you take steps to protect your interests.
Keep these eight tips in mind if you end up in a car accident:
- Do not admit fault;
- Call the police – your attorney can use the police report to prove negligence, liability and damages;
- Do not over-explain – say as little as possible, but be cooperative with any police at the scene;
- Exchange contact and insurance details with all drivers involved – you will need this information to make your claim;
- Record the contact details of eyewitnesses – your injury attorney may use their testimonies to support your claim;
- Take photos that show injuries, property damage, the positions of vehicles, the weather conditions, skid marks and traffic signs;
- Visit a doctor; and
- Contact a personal-injury lawyer.
If you were injured by a distracted, drunk or otherwise negligent motorist in Alabama, turn to Morris Bart & Associates, LLC. Our legal team has been representing the injured for more than 30 years.
We will help you avoid mistakes such as accepting a low settlement, unknowingly admitting fault to insurance adjusters, making a recorded statement to the insurance company, or signing a general release. Schedule a free consultation today by calling 800-537-8185.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.