If an aggressive driver caused an accident in which you or a loved one suffered an injury, you may be able to recover compensation in a personal injury case. A Slidell aggressive driving lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm may be able to help you seek damages for your medical costs, emotional trauma, pain and suffering, and more.
The Morris Bart law firm believes that aggressive drivers should be held accountable for their negligent behavior. Call us today at (504) 613-4771 to speak with a Slidell aggressive driving lawyer. We offer a free consultation to our prospective clients.
If you choose to hire us to represent you, there will be no up-front fees. Our firm operates on a contingency-fee basis, where we only collect payment at the end of your case and only if you win.
Aggressive Driving Behavior and Liability
Some people try to justify their aggressive driving, but there is no excuse for negligent behavior that puts other people in harm’s way. According to the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles, aggressive driving can include:
- Speeding, which can result in collisions or loss of vehicle control
- Following too closely, or tailgating, which can result in a rear-end collision
- Driving in the wrong lane, which can cause a head-on collision or force a driver in the correct lane to swerve
- Improper passing, or cutting off another driver
Even if an aggressive driver does not cause an accident by directly colliding with another vehicle, their negligent behavior can force a responsible driver to react to them, potentially causing an accident. This can happen when an aggressive driver tries to intimidate other drivers with behavior such as:
- Flashing lights: where the aggressive driver may flash their headlights at other vehicles or use the bright setting at night.
- Honking: where an aggressive driver will honk their horn at other drivers, which can cause a driver to react or take their concentration off of the road.
- Swerving: where the other driver is weaving in and out of traffic, aggressively cutting off other drivers and coming close to causing an accident.
- Tapping: where an aggressive driver may bump into the back of another vehicle.
- Using hand signals: where the aggressive driver may use obscene hand gestures toward other drivers.
If an aggressive driver’s negligent behavior caused your accident, either by crashing into you directly or forcing you to react and crash your vehicle, you may be able to sue them for personal injury damages.
Morris Bart law firm may be able to investigate your accident, even if the aggressive driver fled the scene. For a free consultation, call us at (504) 613-4771.
For a free legal consultation with a Aggressive Driving Accident lawyer serving Slidell, call 800-537-8185
What to Do After an Accident with an Aggressive Driver
If you were in a car accident caused by an aggressive driver, consider taking the following steps:
- Seek medical care: see a doctor for an evaluation of your injuries as soon as it is safe to do so. A medical record linking your injuries to the accident could be useful evidence in your case.
- Contact the police: if the police did not respond to the scene of your accident and issue a police report, contact them afterward. Documenting your side of the story with the police could be useful evidence in your case for compensation.
- Be cautious on social media: it is recommended that you do not post about your accident or injuries on social media. The opposition’s lawyer may be able to use your posts as evidence against your claim for compensation.
- Be cautious speaking to insurance adjusters: the other driver’s insurance adjuster may contact you after the accident. Be cautious about what you say to them, as they may be able to use your statements to reduce or deny your settlement. They may also make you a settlement offer for less than you may deserve.
You may also want to contact Morris Bart law firm after your accident for a free consultation on your case. Our Slidell aggressive driving legal team can give you more information on your legal options and how to prepare your personal injury case. If you hire us to represent you, our lawyers can communicate and negotiate with the insurance companies and liable parties on your behalf.
Slidell Aggressive Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
Let Us Defend Your Right to Compensation
If you were injured in a Slidell aggressive driving accident, you are not alone. A Slidell aggressive driving lawyer from Morris Bart law firm may be able to represent you. If you hire us to represent you, we can:
- Answer your questions and discuss possible outcomes in your case.
- Identify the liable party who caused your injuries.
- Gather evidence of their negligence, including photos, videos, witness statements, and testimony from accident reconstruction experts, if available.
- Gather evidence of your injuries.
- Negotiate with the insurance companies for a settlement offer based on the evidence we provide.
- Take the case to court if they are not willing to make you a fair offer.
If we can prove that the aggressive driver’s negligence caused your injuries, you may be able to recover compensation for your current and future medical treatments, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Do not hesitate to speak with a Slidell aggressive driving layer with Morris Bart law firm about your case. Louisiana imposes a one-year statute of limitations on personal injury cases. If this time limit expires before you take legal action, you could lose your right to sue the aggressive driver responsible for your injuries.
Call Morris Bart law firm at (504) 613-4771 for a free review of your case. We work on a contingency-fee basis, which means we are paid only if you receive a settlement offer or awards in court.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.