If you were in a car accident in Ocean Springs, Mississippi, you could hire a lawyer who handles car accident cases to help you determine these details and prepare your case to fight for compensation.
A car accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm may be able to review your case and begin strategizing how to pursue compensation on your behalf. Tell us more about your situation when you call (228) 357-9621. A representative can explain more about our legal services and what our team may be able to do for your car accident case.
We Can Help with All Kinds of Car Accident Cases
At the Morris Bart law firm, we handle various kinds of car accident cases, such as:
- Passenger vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicyclist accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Taxicab accidents
- Rideshare vehicle accidents
In some cases, your car accident might not involve another vehicle or person directly. Instead, it may involve a government entity that neglected road maintenance, a construction company that left objects or other hazards on the road, or a vehicle malfunction.
Even if there is no other party “present” at the scene of the accident, that does not necessarily mean that no one else is liable for your damages.
When Multiple Parties Are Involved
Some car accident cases might involve more than one party, whether the accident involved more than one vehicle or if other parties might be vicariously liable for one of the driver’s actions. If your car accident involves more than one liable party, you may be able to pursue compensation from each party individually, as each party might be liable for different reasons.
For example, suppose your accident involves a commercial vehicle driver who was working when the collision occurred. In that case, their employer might be considered responsible for their actions even if they were not present at the scene.
Your lawyer can look into which other party or parties might be liable for your accident and take appropriate legal measures. For instance, other potentially liable parties might include:
- The mechanic who last worked on the at-fault vehicle
- The manufacturer of the vehicle or vehicle part that malfunctioned in an accident
- A government municipality
Call (228) 357-9621 for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a Car Accident lawyer serving Ocean Springs, call 800-537-8185
You Might Be Entitled to Compensation After a Car Accident
If you were a victim of a car accident, you might be entitled to receive compensation for multiple types of damages, including:
- Medical expenses: You may be able to receive compensation for the costs of treatment, surgeries, medical appointments, prescription medicines, and emergency care, among other types of medical services and products.
- Lost wages: If you lost income because you had to stay home from work to recover or because the accident forced you to have your vehicle repaired or replaced, you might receive compensation for wages you lost due to missing work.
- Property damage: You may get compensation for the repairs you needed to make to your vehicle or other property. If your vehicle was totaled in the accident, you might recover the cash value of the vehicle.
- Pain and suffering: This type of damage can be broad and apply to physical and emotional pain. If your injuries caused you severe physical pain or you suffered emotionally after the car accident, you may include this in your damages.
- Permanent disability: In severe cases, a car accident can change a person’s life forever. If you sustained a permanent disability and it affects the way you work and earn income, perform self-care and home-care duties, or navigate relationships you have with loved ones, you might receive compensation for these losses.
Your lawyer may suggest other damages to pursue, depending on the details of your case.
Ocean Springs Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
What a Lawyer Can Do for Your Case that You May Not Be Able to Do on Your Own
Some of the legal services a lawyer can perform in your case include:
- Investigating the cause of the car accident
- Determining who might be liable for the car accident
- Filling out and filing paperwork
- Collecting evidence to support the case
- Handling communications with insurance adjusters and other legal parties
- Calculating client damages
- Handling negotiations and advising on settlement offers
- Representing clients in a trial case if necessary
Learn more about what Morris Bart can do by calling our Ocean Springs office at (228) 357-9621.
Call a Car Accident Lawyer for Help Today
Call today for a free consultation on your case. Be sure to act quickly because car accident cases are subject to personal injury law, which limits the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit. According to the Mississippi Code Annotated §15-1-49, you generally have three years since the date of the accident to file your case, so don’t delay. Call today.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.