If you were hurt in a Lake Charles, LA, left-turn accident, you have a right to hold the at-fault driver legally liable. A Lake Charles left-turn accident attorney from the Morris Bart law firm represents victims of these crashes and helps them recover compensation for their crash-related costs. You do not have to fight the insurance company alone. We handle all aspects of these cases for our clients.
You can find out more about your legal options when you talk to one of our Lake Charles car accident lawyers. We provide free consultations for victims of car accidents. If another driver caused your crash, we are here for you.
Let Our Lawyers Handle Your Lake Charles Left-Turn Accident Case
When we represent a crash victim in Lake Charles, our goal is to get justice for them by recovering fair compensation. We will demand a fair payout and negotiate to reach a just agreement when possible. Whether through a settlement or jury trial, the recoverable damages in a crash case could include:
- Present and ongoing medical bills
- Income losses from the time you missed at your job
- Reduced earning capacity if there are lasting impairments that prevent you from returning to your pre-accident occupation
- Vehicle repairs and other property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Lost life enjoyment
In cases where the victim did not survive their injuries, our lawyers represent family members and pursue wrongful death damages. Our team will review your case and explain your options during your free initial consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a Left Turn Accident lawyer serving Lake Charles, call 800-537-8185
How Morris Bart, LLC Helps Victims Hurt in Left-Turn Crashes in Lake Charles
At the Morris Bart law firm, our attorneys build strong cases to help clients recover the compensation they need and hold the at-fault driver accountable. We can navigate the claims process or sue the liable motorist, seeking a payout to cover your accident-related losses.
Some of the benefits of choosing our law firm include:
We don’t Charge You Upfront
We represent our clients on a contingency-fee basis. You do not need to pay anything today to get our attorney to go to work on your case. We get paid from the settlement or court award we recover for you.
We Have a History of Success With Accident Cases Like Yours
Using more than 40 years of experience, our lawyers help our clients achieve fair case results. Some of our recent case results in car accident cases include:
- $852,845 for a crash victim with neck and back pain, facial injuries, and a preexisting hip injury
- $650,000 recovered from a drunk driver who caused our client to suffer a broken arm, leg, back, hip, pelvis, several ribs, and a punctured lung
- $475,000 for a client who suffered neck, back, and shoulder herniations in a crash
- $450,000 in compensation for a crash victim who required lower back surgery for their injuries
The Morris Bart law firm operates 16 offices in four states. We’re here to support you throughout your case.
We Fight for Your Fair Payout After a Lake Charles Left-Turn Crash
There are generally two ways to recover compensation after a left-turn crash in Lake Charles. A payout is possible through a negotiated settlement or a court award following a jury trial. Our attorneys handle each step of the process, regardless of which option we use to pursue damages on your behalf. With our team on your side, you can focus on healing, rehabilitation, and returning to your previous activities.
You Must File Your Lawsuit on Time in Lake Charles
When we sue, we need to ensure we meet the applicable statute of limitations. This sets the deadline for beginning a lawsuit under Louisiana law. La. Civ. Code Art. 3492 generally gives us up to one year from the accident date to begin a personal injury case in civil court. Exceptions exist but could give you less time to file. We encourage you to get started right away.
Understanding Why Lake Charles Left-Turn Accidents Occur
At the Morris Bart law office, our attorneys know how careless and reckless actions can lead to left-turn accidents. We investigate these crashes and document fault and liability.
Some common ways we see left-turn crashes occur include:
- Failure to yield
- Misjudging the speed of an approaching vehicle
- Running red lights
- Failing to see an oncoming car, motorcycle, or bicycle
- Not stopping for a pedestrian in the crosswalk
- Turning from the wrong lane
- Making an illegal U-turn
In all of these situations, the collision happens because of one driver’s negligence. To document negligence and hold the at-fault driver liable, we must show all four elements of negligence were present. These include:
- Duty of care: The at-fault driver’s responsibility to keep you safe.
- Breach of duty: The at-fault driver fails to uphold their duty of care by speeding, for example.
- Causation: The at-fault driver’s breach of duty was the proximate cause of the collision.
- Damages: You suffered damages such as medical expenses, pain and suffering, and mental anguish because of the crash.
Our attorneys build a compelling crash case to support the insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit necessary to recover fair compensation in your case. When we represent you, we will investigate the crash, gather evidence, and analyze the data to ensure we have a strong case for a fair payout.
Discuss Your Options With a Lake Charles Car Accident Lawyer
The Morris Bart law firm provides free consultations for left-turn accident victims hurt in Lake Charles accidents. We can explain your legal options, discuss how we approached similar cases, and give you a chance to ask questions. We want to ensure you understand your rights and how we can help.
Contact us now to speak to a member of our team about your case.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.