If a drunk driver caused you or your loved one to suffer injuries in a collision, you may be able to recover compensation for your damages in a personal injury case. Filing a claim or lawsuit may help you receive financial compensation for your medical bills, disability, lost income, and more.
A D’Iberville driving while intoxicated accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm could provide the legal guidance and representation you need to bring a strong claim against the liable party. Call our office at (228) 357-9621 today for a free case evaluation.
We Can Help You Hold the At-Fault Driver Accountable
Although it is against the law to operate a motor vehicle in Mississippi while intoxicated by alcohol or drugs, this continues to be a significant factor in serious car accidents in the state. If you were injured in an accident or lost your loved one because of an intoxicated driver, you may be able to hold that driver financially accountable for the harm they caused. Our team at the Morris Bart law firm may be able to help you recover the various damages you have faced and may continue to face by:
- Filing a claim with the liable party’s auto insurance company and negotiating a settlement that covers your damages
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf
For a free legal consultation with a Driving While Intoxicated Accident lawyer serving D'Iberville, call 800-537-8185
Financial Compensation Available in a Car Accident Case
Being involved in a drunk driving accident can have a profound impact on your life. You may be left with painful injuries that prevent you from working or participating in everyday activities like driving or maintaining your household.
These injuries will likely require expensive medical care and may have other effects on your life.
Medical Bills and Ongoing Expenses
As anyone who has been in a major collision can tell you, car accident injuries often result in massive medical bills. You may be compensated for costs related to:
- Emergency room treatment and hospital care
- Ambulance transport
- Past and future doctor visits related to your treatment
- Medical devices and prescriptions
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Psychological treatment, such as counseling
- In-home health care
Lost Income from Missed Work and Diminished Earning Capacity
If you had to miss work while recovering from your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for your lost wages. You may be compensated for future lost income, as well, if you need to miss work in the future to:
- Attend doctor appointments
- Complete physical therapy
- Receive ongoing medical treatments
Some drunk driving accident injuries are so severe that the victim can never return to the same line of work. If this applies to you, you may also receive financial support for the effect on your income-earning capacity.
The cost of repairing the damage to your vehicle or replacing a totaled vehicle may also be recoverable.
Non-Economic Losses from Your Accident
The impact of a drunk driving accident is often not only financial. As such, compensation for non-financial damages may also be available. You may be compensated for your:
- Physical pain
- Mental and emotional suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Per Miss. Code Ann. §11-1-60, non-economic damages are limited to $1,000,000.
Taking Legal Action after Losing a Loved One in a Fatal Crash
Drunk driving contributes to thousands of fatal auto accidents every year. If your loved one was killed in a collision with a drunk driver, a wrongful death case may help you hold the driver responsible for the tragedy and help you recover financial compensation for your damages. Damages in a Mississippi wrongful death case often include:
- Ambulance transport, emergency room treatment, and other medical costs resulting from the deceased person’s fatal injury
- Funeral and burial expenses
- The deceased person’s lost wages and benefits
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship and society
A lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm could help you recover financial compensation after a drunk driving accident. Our firm is prepared to handle personal injury and wrongful death cases.
How a D’Iberville Driving While Intoxicated Accident Lawyer Can Help
The Morris Bart law firm is committed to helping victims of drunk drivers and the families of those killed in drunk driving accidents. Our team can:
- Interpret confusing legal jargon and explain your legal rights
- Gather evidence such as police reports, the results of chemical blood alcohol content (BAC) tests, traffic camera footage, and medical bills to make your case as strong as possible
- Calculate the damages you and your family sustained because of the accident
- Handle negotiations with the insurance companies on your behalf so that you can focus on healing
- Fight to get you a settlement that covers all available damages
- File a lawsuit and represent you in court if an appropriate out-of-court settlement is not possible
Statute of Limitations
To get the most out of our services, it is crucial that you reach out as early as possible. Per Mississippi Code Ann. §15-1-49, there is usually a three-year statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits in the state. You must file your lawsuit before this deadline to protect your right to seek damages.
Call Our Attorneys Today for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one was involved in a collision with an intoxicated driver, consider hiring a D’Iberville driving while intoxicated accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm. Do not delay. Call the Morris Bart Law firm today at (228) 357-9621 for a free, confidential case assessment.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.