Workplace accidents have become quite common, resulting in debilitating injuries that accompany hefty medical bills, significant pain, and suffering, and forcing the worker to take time off work. Luckily, Louisiana law allows workers injured after a workplace accident to seek compensation and recovery for losses they incur. Besides, Louisiana’s workers’ compensation system features a no-fault insurance system, allowing injured workers to seek medical benefits, pain and suffering damages, and more.
While you do not need to prove that your employer was negligent in receiving benefits, the entire process of filling and negotiating your claim can be confusing and tedious. At Morris Bart, we can help you file a claim, seek compensation, and receive the maximum reward that covers all your losses. Contact an Alexandria workers’ compensation attorney and schedule your free consultation with us today.
What to Do After Being Injured at Work
While workplace accidents can occur at any time, it is essential to follow specific steps after being injured. At Morris Bart, we advise our Alexandria clients to follow these steps after suffering an injury while at work:
- Seek medical attention immediately, especially for injuries that require emergencies.
- Report your accident and injury to your employer.
- Ensure the employer reports the accident to the insurance carrier and the Office of Workers’ Compensation Administration.
- Contact a skilled workers’ compensation attorney in Alexandria.
For a free legal consultation with a Workers' Compensation lawyer serving Alexandria, call 800-537-8185
Should You Report and File Compensation for Your Injuries?
Whether you suffer a minor injury or will not require medical care, it is essential to report your injuries as soon as possible. The intent is to prevent health complications because you might know the extent of your injuries. In addition, getting injured can be debilitating for you and your entire family’s lives due to your inability to provide.
Failure to report your injuries or accident and pursue compensation earlier may deny you the necessary medical treatment and benefits you are entitled to. Your employer may also claim that you sustained the injury off-site, eluding responsibility. Working with an experienced Alexandria workers’ compensation attorney at Morris Bart ensures you report, hold your employer responsible, and receive the settlement you deserve.
Alexandria Workers' Compensation Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
Who Is Eligible for Louisiana Workers’ Compensation?
The Louisiana Workforce Commission (LWC) states that workers’ compensation covers several individuals from when they begin working. They include:
- Full-time workers
- Seasonal workers
- Part-time workers
- Minor workers
In some cases, independent contractors and subcontractors may also be eligible for workers’ compensation in Louisiana under certain circumstances. However, you must be self-insured or possess workers’ compensation insurance to be eligible for benefits after a workplace accident or injury. For instance, employees in Alexandria could be eligible for compensation if they suffered a workplace injury caused by:
- Accidents: Since Louisiana is a no-fault state, an injury on the job must include a causal connection between the workplace conditions and the damage. And with different types of accidents likely to cause an injury to an employee, contact an Alexandria workers’ compensation attorney to determine if your injury qualifies for settlement under Louisiana law.
- Occupational diseases: Several occupational disorders can qualify for compensation under the Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Act. However, these conditions should have a direct connection with job duties, or the disease was a result of chemical exposure.
- Ordinary diseases of life: Non-occupational conditions can also be eligible for compensation that occurs due to an occupational sickness or is acquired during employment. Mental injury can be considered a non-occupational condition if the disorder or stress resulted from a physical injury or stress at work.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits You Could Receive in Alexandria
Workers’ compensation benefits can provide the necessary support for injured workers, helping them during their recovery process without concern for finances. Typically, compensation is meant to help victims get back on their feet sooner. At Morris Bart, our experienced workers’ compensation lawyers in Alexandria can help you get the following benefits:
- Past, current, and future medical care expenses
- Disability pay
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Wage replacement
- Catastrophic injury benefits
- Supplemental earnings benefits
Working with our attorney lets you get peace of mind while we help you navigate the legal process of obtaining your benefits. Besides, we represent you in every step of seeking compensation, ensuring you receive a reasonable amount in a timely manner. Talk to our workers’ compensation legal team before accepting a settlement offer.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How does Workers’ Compensation Coverage Help?
If you were injured on the job in Alexandria, LA, you would likely be unable to work for some time or permanently. Filing a claim helps you seek financial support under Louisiana workers’ compensation law based on the extent of your damages. However, you are not allowed to sue your employer or co-workers, since they are not liable for accidents that occur at work.
Workers’ compensation coverage helps victims get peace of mind during and after their recovery process. If your loved one dies while at work and you file a wrongful death claim, surviving family members may receive a settlement that covers various losses. These include funeral and hospital bills, easing the family’s financial difficulties after losing a loved one.
Why Hire a Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Alexandria?
An Alexandria workers’ compensation attorney from Morris Bart can help you handle different aspects of your claim while representing you fully. Our goal is to defend your rights and ensure you receive a fair reward covering all your damage. Some reasons to consider working with our qualified Alexandria workers’ compensation attorney are;
- Gathering critical evidence to prove that your injury is eligible for workers’ compensation
- Calculating and estimating the value of your damages
- Handling communications, deadlines, and legal work on your behalf
- Helping negotiate your claim with the responsible party and determine if the offer is ideal for you
- Ensuring you receive full compensation for all your damages and injuries
- Taking your case to trial if negotiations are unsuccessful
Contact Our Skilled Alexandria Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Today for Help
If you or someone you love has sustained a workplace injury, our workers’ compensation lawyers at Morris Bart can help. We offer professional and comprehensive legal services to injured victims in workplaces around Alexandria. Contact us for a free consultation about your case with our legal team today.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.