If another driver caused your Terrebonne Parish traffic crash and injuries, a Houma car accident attorney from the Morris Bart law firm is here to help. We represent victims of collisions who suffered physical, financial, and emotional harm as a result. We seek to hold at-fault drivers accountable in these cases and recover settlements for our clients.
The Morris Bart law office provides free consultations for collision victims who careless or reckless drivers have hurt. We will explain your rights, how we will protect them, and your legal options for seeking compensation. We are a contingency fee law firm, which means we can start on your case with no fees from you.
Securing Financial Recovery Based on Your Houma Car Accident Injuries
Under Louisiana law, victims hurt by another person’s negligence can hold that party responsible. They can recover compensation for their economic and non-economic damages. This is possible by suing the at-fault party in civil court.
However, Louisiana also requires drivers to carry auto liability insurance. For this reason, it is often possible to recover compensation for our clients without a lawsuit. A Houma car accident lawyer from our team can prepare the insurance claim, demand just money damages, and negotiate a settlement.
This could include money for the client’s costs and losses, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Other intangible damages
- Medical bills, from the ambulance ride to treatment and prescription medications
- Ongoing and future care for injuries
- Lost wages if they missed time at work
- Diminished earning capacity for long-term or permanent injuries
- Property damages, such as car repairs or replacement
- Miscellaneous related expenses
Filing a Wrongful Death Action in Louisiana
Our team also handles wrongful death actions under La. Civ. Code Art. 2315.2. We can seek compensation based on this statute for those who lost a family member to their car accident injuries. This generally includes spouses, children, and parents of the deceased, although other family members may be eligible if there are no surviving immediate family members.
Damages in a wrongful death action could include:
- Medical bills
- Funeral and burial costs
- Lost income and benefits
- Loss of services
- Non-economic damages suffered by surviving family members
For a free legal consultation with a Car Accident lawyer serving Houma, call (985) 900-1195
Morris Bart, LLC Represents Car Accident Victims Based on Contingency
At the Morris Bart law firm, the areas we serve include four states: Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Alabama. We have 15 locations across the Gulf South, and we are excited to announce a potentially permanent office located in Houma, Louisiana at the following address:
1 Church Street,
Houma, LA 70364
Accident victims in Houma can reach out to us at (985) 900-1195 to learn more about how we can help protect your rights.
The Morris Bart law office serving Houma does so based on contingency. We do not bill for a retainer or any other upfront fees. We only charge our clients attorney’s fees after securing a settlement or court award in their case. We do not get paid unless the client does.
We’ve Helped Thousands of Clients with Their Injury Cases
For more than 40 years, attorney Morris Bart and his team have fought to protect the rights of crash victims in our service area. We recover case settlements, represent our clients through this process, and win awards at trial. In 2019, we recovered compensation for more than 6,500 clients.
Houma Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (985) 900-1195
Proving a Houma, LA, Car Accident Case
At the Morris Bart law firm, our lawyers represent victims of many types of auto accidents. This includes:
- Car crashes
- Truck collisions
- Motorcycle accidents
- DUI and DWI crashes
- Bicycle or pedestrian collisions
- Bus accidents
We know how to investigate a crash, determine what happened, and identify who is responsible. This is true in any type of collision, such as:
- Rear-end accidents
- Side-impact collisions
- Head-on accidents
- Intersection crashes
- Rollover accidents
- Parking lot collisions
Proving Negligence in a Houma Car Accident
A Houma traffic accident attorney knows that winning any personal injury case requires proving negligence. In a traffic accident, that means we must show:
- The driver had to do something (or not do something) based on traffic laws.
- They violated the laws, failing to do as they were supposed to.
- This caused the collision.
- Our client suffered physical, financial, and emotional harm.
For example, imagine a driver failed to look for cars coming before turning right on red. This caused a collision, and the other motorist suffered injuries. This motorist hired our team. We will need to collect evidence to show:
- The driver had a red light and was obligated to stop and look for traffic before turning right.
- They did not do so.
- This caused the crash.
- Our client was hurt as a result.
The evidence, in this case, might include:
- The police report
- Accident reconstruction
- Witness statements
- Video of the accident from a nearby business
- Physical evidence
- Expert testimony
- The client’s medical records
- Documentation of their damages
When Is a Lawsuit Necessary to Recover Compensation in Houma?
While we often settle traffic accident cases outside of court, some circumstances require us to sue the at-fault driver. This does not mean the case will go before a judge and jury, but it is the first step to trial if needed.
The main reasons why we must sue in a car accident case include:
- Disputes: The insurer disputes their policyholder is at fault or disagrees about another significant fact of the case.
- Shared fault: The insurer claims our client caused or contributed to their injuries.
- Fairness: The insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement based on our client’s damages.
- Time: We are running out of time under Civ. Code Art. 3492, so we sue to protect the client’s right to seek compensation. The statute of limitations generally gives us up to one year to sue.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Speak to a Morris Bart, LLC, Attorney Serving Houma Today for Free
You can discuss your case with a car accident lawyer serving Houma today at no cost to you or your family. We offer complimentary case evaluations so that victims can learn more about their rights and compensation options.
We can speak with you about your collision with you today. Call (985) 900-1195 now.
Questions?Call (985) 900-1195
to find a Morris Bart office near you.