If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident in Gautier, Mississippi, it is possible you could collect compensation for your damages. A Gautier car accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm can investigate your accident and identify who may be liable for your damages.
Car accidents often lead to several financial setbacks, especially for people seriously injured. From medical care to repair bills, car accident victims can face multiple challenges. An attorney from the Morris Bart law firm can review your case and explain your legal options during a free case review.
You May Be Entitled to Compensation for Your Car Accident Injuries
Your first concern with filing a car accident lawsuit might be how much compensation you may be able to receive. The answer varies depending on what kind of injuries and damages you experienced. Since no two accidents are exactly the same, there is no default amount to pursue in car accident cases.
To determine your potential compensation, a Morris Bart attorney will first calculate your financial expenses. These are referred to as “economic losses” and may include:
- Medical bills
- Property damage values, such as repairs or replacement of your vehicle
- Current and future income loss related to your injuries
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries affect your working abilities either temporarily or permanently
- Out-of-pocket expenses, such as for home care services, medical devices, or prescription medicines
Once we calculate your financial losses, we can then include your “non-economic losses.” These damages include the physical, emotional, or mental harm you experienced.
Despite not having a clear dollar value, we can calculate how much compensation your non-economic damages might entitle you to receive and list them with your economic damages. These losses might include:
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Psychological trauma from the accident
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment in life
For a free legal consultation with a Car Accident lawyer serving Gautier, call (800) 537-8185
We Need to Identify the Liable Party in Your Case to Pursue Compensation
To pursue compensation, we will first need to identify the liable party in your car accident case. In some situations, there might be more than one party. There may be multiple vehicles involved in the accident or other parties not present at the accident scene who hold liability. As we investigate your car accident, we may question:
- Was anyone else involved in the accident? This could place liability on another driver who played a role in the crash.
- Was the at-fault driver working at the time? If so, their employer may be held vicariously liable for the driver’s negligence.
- Did a vehicle malfunction cause the accident? If so, we may look into what led to the malfunction. If it resulted from improper maintenance, we may assign liability to the mechanic who last worked on the at-fault vehicle. If it was a result of defective design or manufacturing, the vehicle manufacturer may be held liable.
- Did poor road construction cause the accident? If so, we may pursue compensation from the municipality having jurisdiction where the accident took place.
If you have a copy of your crash report, we may be able to identify the liable party immediately. If we notice other factors that might indicate other parties involved, we will investigate accordingly. An attorney with the Morris Bart law firm can review the circumstances of your accident in a free case review and let you know how a Gautier car accident lawyer can help you.
Gautier Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (800) 537-8185
Your Lawyer Can Represent You Whether You File a Claim or Lawsuit
If you decide to file an insurance claim, one of our lawyers can handle the communications with the insurance companies on your behalf. For example, with claims, our lawyer can:
- File the claim on your behalf as well as other paperwork, including evidence
- Make official statements about the accident on your behalf to the insurance company, such as statements about how the accident took place
- Negotiate a potential settlement with the insurance representatives
In many cases, you do not have to appear with the insurance adjusters, as our lawyer can do this for you and relay important information to you afterward. Our attorneys will never accept a settlement on your behalf without your approval. However, if you decide it is necessary to pursue a personal injury lawsuit—which you can still pursue even if you file a claim first—our lawyer will represent you in court and present your case to a judge or jury. We can inform you whether you need to appear at these hearings.
Click to contact our Gautier Personal Injury Lawyers today
Our Gautier Car Accident Attorneys Offer Personalized Legal Care
When you work with our law firm, you will never feel like just another case file on a desk. That’s because we offer client-focused legal representation, and we tailor our legal strategy to suit each individual client.
We also pride ourselves on answering our phones 24/7. You can call us any time to receive an update on your case and answers to your questions. We will also make it a point to reach out to you during the legal process with any progress in your case. We never leave our clients in the dark.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Statute of Limitations May Affect Your Car Accident Case
If you decide to file a personal injury lawsuit, Miss. Code Ann. § 15-1-49 generally gives you three years to file your case.
While that might seem like more than enough time, we want to emphasize that the litigation process can prolong itself further than expected. Also, the evidence needed to support your case might not be available after a certain length of time, such as surveillance footage or witness testimony.
To help you avoid missing the statutory deadline, our legal team will monitor your case date and inform you when the deadline is approaching. Should you decide to move forward with a personal injury lawsuit, we can take appropriate action.
Call Now to Hire a Gautier Car Accident Attorney from Morris Bart, LTD
Reach out to our Pascagoula office now for a free consultation. An attorney can answer any questions specific to your case and discuss how a lawyer from our firm might be able to help you pursue compensation.
Questions?Call (800) 537-8185
to find a Morris Bart office near you.