According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 28% of all fatal car accidents in Alabama in 2017 involved impaired drivers. These careless driving accidents affect every party involved, from the intoxicated driver to other drivers on the roadways to innocent pedestrians minding their own business. At the end of the day, if a driver chooses to get behind the wheel while drinking, they are endangering the lives of countless others.
If you have been injured in one of these DUI-related accidents, you know that your life can change in an instant. The injuries occurring from these accidents can be further compounded by the high likelihood that the intoxicated party was driving erratically, including speeding, reckless driving, using improper passing methods, and more. Many head-on collisions are the direct result of intoxicated drivers each year, needlessly taking countless lives away from the families who love them.
When you are injured in a DUI accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering. The compensation made available in these cases may even extend beyond your physical injuries, as mental suffering and lost wages are also taken into account. Further, recoverable damages in DUI-related accidents can include, but may not be limited to:
- Costs of replacing or fixing your vehicle
- Medical costs, including bills, rehabilitation, surgeries, medications, and more
- Psychological help for mental anguish or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) that may have resulted from the jarring incident
- Loss of future wages
- Time missed from work
- Any ongoing physical ailments, such as lost limbs, back injuries, paralysis, and more
- Strained relationships with family members due to the stress of the recovery process
- And more
At the Morris Bart law firm, a Montgomery DUI lawyer will do everything they can to protect your right to compensation when you have fallen victim to one of these senseless acts. As fellow drivers, we owe it to those around us to always keep our roads safe. When somebody gets behind the wheel for negligent and selfish reasons, we believe they should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. However, legal charges are sometimes not enough.
By choosing to pursue damages, you are choosing to make a statement to deter other drivers from taking part in this action down the line. While no case is guaranteed to pay out, our attorneys can work to gather the evidence necessary to prove who was at fault for your pain and suffering. Call the Morris Bart law firm today at (334) 523-0664 for your free consultation.
Causes for Drunk Driving Accidents
Impaired driving places drivers at a disadvantage in every sense of the word. Between impaired cognitive decision-making skills, blurred vision, delayed reaction times, and more, they are not fit to be making such critical choices on our roadways. Ultimately, it is simply not fair to the other drivers who are doing their part to keep our roads safe.
Some of the more common drunk driving accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Rear-end collisions from following too closely
- Head-on collisions after drifting over the center line
- Side-swipe collisions, sometimes resulting in turnover crashes, due to a failure to maintain their lane
- Accidents occurring due to the intoxicated driver falling asleep at the wheel, which can be particularly deadly as they are doing nothing to slow their vehicle or otherwise avoid colliding with other motorists
- Accidents taking place after the driver runs a red light
- Devastating accidents due to the intoxicated party traveling at a high rate of speed
- And more
For a free legal consultation with a DUI lawyer serving Montgomery, call 800-537-8185
Injuries from Drunk Driving Accidents
There is no end to the amount of physical and mental damage a drunk driving accident can cause. They often happen without any warning whatsoever, forever scarring the victim.
The types of injuries occurring in these cases can vary with the severity of the accident, but they may include:
- Wrongful death
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Injuries occurring from airbags being deployed
- Road rash from motorists being ejected from their vehicles, which is particularly common with open-top vehicles and motorcycles
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Head injuries from turn-over accidents and head-on collisions
- Spinal cord injuries, which may result in paralysis
- Mental anguish, such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- And more
With many DUI-related accidents around the world, drivers are lucky to escape with their lives. No matter how minor or extensive your injuries may be, a Montgomery DUI lawyer can determine if you have a personal injury claim or a wrongful death lawsuit if you lost a loved one in a DUI accident. Call the Morris Bart law firm today at (334) 523-0664 for your free, no-risk consultation.
Montgomery DUI Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
A Montgomery DUI Lawyer Is Ready for Your Case
If you have decided to bring legal action against the parties responsible for your injuries, the Morris Bart law firm can help you better understand the legal process you’ll need to follow. With so much going on in your life right now, our team can handle gathering evidence, building a strong case, and negotiating with the insurance company while you focus on healing. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the insurance company, we are prepared to take your case to trial.
Call the Morris Bart law firm today at (334) 523-0664 to find out more. The sooner you call, the sooner we can get started on your case beginning with your free, no obligation consultation.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.