Getting hurt in a motorcycle accident produces losses that go beyond financial expenses. A severe bodily injury may last for months, years, or a lifetime. The injured can also face financial pressures from mounting medical bills, which take away from their family’s day-to-day living expenses.
A Kenner motorcycle accident lawyer can help you pursue the settlement award for which you may be entitled. At the Morris Bart law firm, we strive to advocate on behalf of claimants who have been injured due to another party’s negligence.
If your case is successful, you may be able to recover the cost of:
- Medical expenses. All medical bills related to your accident are included in the claim. This starts from the date of the accident to the present. It also takes into consideration any future medical bills you may have.
- Lost wages.If you had to leave your job because your injuries prevented you from working, you may also be entitled to lost wages for now and in the long-term.
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience. You could be compensated for the emotional turmoil that stemmed from the accident, including depression, anxiety, and impaired quality of life.
To start a free case review with a member of our team, call the Morris Bart law firm today at (504) 613-4771.
A Kenner Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help Your Case
During this time, your focus should be getting well, not serving as your own legal advocate. Your legal team’s goal will be to assign negligence to the party responsible for your damages and pursue compensation on your behalf.
To promote your case’s success, your legal team can:
- File your case to the appropriate courts and offices
- Consult with accident reconstruction experts and medical professionals to gain more insight into your situation
- Estimate the cost of your expenses, including those related to pain and suffering
- Negotiate for a settlement that represents the scope of your losses
- Advise you on your legal options as they become available
- Take your case to court, if necessary
We will render services to your case based on the available evidence and circumstances.
For a free legal consultation with a Motorcycle Accident lawyer serving Kenner, call 800-537-8185
Victims Suffer Serious Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that in 2018, almost 5,000 motorcyclists lost their lives in collisions. When a vehicle hits a motorcycle or causes it to crash, if it is not fatal, the motorcyclist usually becomes seriously injured.
You may have suffered any one or more of the following injuries:
- Amputated limbs
- Internal bleeding
- Brain damage
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Bruises, scrapes, or lacerations
- Organ damage
- Road rash
After your accident, you may not realize how serious your injuries are. One of your first priorities following a collision should be to seek medical attention. Not only can this help promote your safety and wellbeing, but a diagnosis can confirm the extent of your bodily injuries. Furthermore, a Kenner motorcycle accident lawyer can use this diagnosis as evidence for your case, which can help to confirm its validity.
Kenner Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
Your Legal Team Must Establish Negligence
Your lawyer must use the evidence in your case to establish negligence. Their ultimate goal is to prove that because of another party’s negligence, you suffered injuries and financial losses that have impacted your quality of life. The at-fault party in your case could vary based on the details of your situation.
If you were struck by another motorist, some of the contributing factors in your collision could include:
- A driver opening their door into the path of an oncoming motorcyclist
- Driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or fatigue
- Engaging in road rage
- Distracted driving, such as texting
- Failing to come to a complete stop at red lights and stop signs
- Failing to yield
Sometimes though, instead of another vehicle causing an accident, a third party may be at fault. For instance, a motorcycle part may be defective and hinder the motorcyclist’s ability to ride safely. This could have occurred when the bike was manufactured or when it underwent repairs. In this situation, you could hold the party responsible for the bike’s integrity liable.
In a different example of possible liability, look at road safety duties. Particular government organizations are trusted to maintain safe roads for drivers. If a responsible branch of the government is aware of a dangerous roadway condition and fails to remedy the issue, it could be held accountable for your financial losses.
To learn more about who can be held at fault for your accident, call the Morris Bart law firm today at (504) 613-4771.
The Filing Time Range for Louisiana Accidents is Short
According to the Louisiana State Legislative Civil Code: Article 3492, if you were in an accident, you have up to one year from the date of the collision to file a lawsuit. At the Morris Bart law firm, we understand that motorcycle accident victims have their days filled with doctor’s appointments, physical therapy, and familial obligations. Time has a way of getting away from you.
If you are considering taking legal action against the party that harmed you, we recommend doing so in a timely manner. You do not want to miss out on your window of opportunity to receive compensation for your injuries and related expenses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Morris Bart LLC Today
When you work with a Kenner motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm, you get to recover from your injuries while we handle everything else. We understand that you want to get started on your path to justice now, and for that reason, we can get started on your case as soon as you call us.
When you do, you will enter into a free consultation regarding your legal options. We encourage you to share with us the severity of your injuries, the details of what led up to your accident, and other information you deem relevant. To get started, call the Morris Bart law firm today at (504) 613-4771.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.