Ms. Sophia Johnson joined Morris Bart, LLC in July 2013. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Johnson served as an Assistant District Attorney for Orleans Parish in the Felony Trials Division. As a prosecutor, Ms. Johnson handled a variety of cases, ranging from narcotics offenses to violent crimes, resulting in over thirty jury trials.
A Chicago native, Ms. Johnson received her Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Russian from Smith College in May 2004. Prior to law school, Ms. Johnson was awarded a Fulbright Scholarship to Kiev, Ukraine, where she researched political reform.
Ms. Johnson received her Juris Doctor from Tulane University Law School in 2010. From 2009-2010, Ms. Johnson was the Senior Associate Editor of the Tulane Law Review. Her case note on the subject of prosecutorial immunity was published in Spring of 2010, and has subsequently been cited in briefs at the U.S. Supreme Court.
She is fluent in Russian and Ukrainian.
- B.A., Smith College, Program in Sociology and Russian
- J.D., Tulane University
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- Unites States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit