For over 25 years, Richard “Rick” Root has had a trial and appellate practice focused on helping injured victims obtain justice from those who harmed them. Rick has extensive experience in the areas of class action and mass tort, products liability, medical malpractice, civil rights, Jones Act/maritime personal injury, and severe injury/wrongful death involving automobile and commercial truck accidents. Rick has successfully argued numerous cases to Louisiana’s Appellate and Supreme Courts and to the Federal Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. Prior to joining the Mass Torts Section of Morris Bart, Rick owned his own practice. Rick earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Florida and his law degree from Loyola University School of Law in New Orleans, LA.
Rick is licensed to practice in all Louisiana State Courts, in all Louisiana United States District and Bankruptcy Courts, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court. Professionally, Richard is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Louisiana Association for Justice, and the New Orleans, Louisiana, United States Fifth Circuit, and United States Supreme Court Bar Associations.
- B.A., University of Florida
- J.D., Loyola University School of Law
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Bar Association of the Federal Fifth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court