Melissa Herman has been licensed to practice in all Louisiana state courts and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana since 1995 and in all Georgia state courts and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia since 2001.
Melissa began her legal career handling personal injury, criminal and family law cases in Slidell, Louisiana. After moving to Georgia in 2001, she practiced consumer bankruptcy law in the Atlanta region and was awarded a board certification in consumer bankruptcy law. She achieved the distinction of first female partner at her firm and sat on the board of directors of the Southeast Bankruptcy Law Institute. Melissa has spoken at several continuing legal education seminars and has authored several bankruptcy articles. She is a New Orleans native and recently returned home. Melissa currently resides in New Orleans with her husband, David, and their two cats, Boudreaux and Gumbeaux. Melissa serves as Of Council with the firm.
- B.A., Loyola University, Mass Communications
- J.D., Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert School of Law
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Metro Atlanta Consumer Bankruptcy Group
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia