Matt Burnick is a native of Mountain Brook, Alabama and grew up in Birmingham, Alabama. He attended Rhodes College in Memphis, Tenessee where he graduated in 2013. While at Rhodes College, Matt was a member of the baseball team and active in his fraternity, while double-majoring in Philosophy and Greek and Roman Studies. He then attended the University of Alabama School of Law to earn his Juris Doctor, which he obtained in 2016.
While in law school, Matt interned for both state and federal judges, participated in the University of Alabama Schools of Law’s Mediation Clinic where he mediated divorce cases for individuals who could not afford legal services, and was employed at a general practice firm in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Prior to joining Morris Bart, Matt Clerked for the Honorable Benjamin H. Brooks in Mobile, Alabama. Matt is a member of the Alabama Bar Association and is licensed to practice in Alabama State Courts, as well as the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Alabama.
- B.A., Rhodes College, program in Philosophy, Greek and Roman Studies
- J.D., University of Alabama School of Law
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Alabama State Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama