A native of Lafayette, Louisiana, Jim Leathem graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette with a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and a minor in Finance. While attending the University, Mr. Leathem was named to the Dean’s List, awarded the William J. Phillips Award for Excellence in Economics and was a member of the Louisiana Honors Program as well as Phi Kappa Phi. Mr. Leathem was awarded his Juris Doctorate from Louisiana State University’s Paul M. Hebert Law Center. At the Law Center, Mr. Leathem was a member of the Chancellor’s list and an officer of Phi Alpha Delta and the Civilian Society.
Before coming to Morris Bart, LLC, Mr. Leathem clerked for several Insurance Defense firms in South Louisiana. Mr. Leathem is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association and is admitted to practice before all Louisiana state and federal courts.
- B.S., magna cum laude, University of Louisiana – Lafayette, Program in Economics
- J.D., Louisiana State University School of Law
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana