Courtney Smith, a native of Los Angeles, California, graduated from Xavier University of Louisiana and earned her Juris Doctorate from Loyola University of New Orleans College of Law.
While in law school, Courtney was an active participant and member in the Public Interest Law Journal. She completed a clerkship at Jefferson Parish District Attorney’s Office and Orleans Parish Civil District Court. Courtney worked full time as a Diversion Counselor for Jefferson Parish District Attorney’s Office, while attending law school in the evening. After law school, prior to joining Morris Bart, Courtney worked as a law clerk in the juvenile justice system for Jefferson Parish District Attorney’s Office.
Courtney is a member of the New Orleans Bar Association and the Louisiana Association for Justice-Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association.
- B.A., Sociology, Xavier University of Louisiana
- M.S.W., Social Work, Louisiana State University
- M.U.R.P., Urban & Regional Planning, University of New Orleans
- J.D., Loyola University of New Orleans College of Law
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- New Orleans Chapter
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Jefferson Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division
- Louisiana State Board of Social Work Examiners
Admitted to Practice