Our days are getting busier and busier. Between work, getting the kids to football practice, church, and the like, the last thing we have time for is to get into a car accident injury while we are in the parking lot of the supermarket to grab a gallon of milk on the way home. However, the reality is that these types of car accidents happen all the time.
What should I do if I’m involved in a parking lot accident or a car accident injury?
At Morris Bart LLC, we would like to give you a few helpful hints in the event that you are involved in a parking lot accident.
- Call the Police. Even if it happens on private property, often the authorities will do a parking lot incident report.
- Exchange information. Make sure you get their name, address, phone number, and insurance company.
- Don’t admit or argue fault.
- Locate witnesses and get their contact information.
- Take photos. Most of us these days have smart phones, put them to use other than putting on your facebook status that some nut backed into you in the parking lot!
- Call your insurance company. Even if it is not your fault.
- If you are injured, call Morris Bart!
Taking these steps to insure that your inconvenience is as minimal as possible.
How do I avoid parking lot accidents and car accident injuries?
As a bonus, a few steps to PREVENT these incidents:
- Watch very carefully for pedestrians and other cars
- When possible, pull through parking spots to avoid having to back out
- Consider installing a backup sensor or rear-view camera
- When purchasing a vehicle, check for the blind spots
Be careful out there….the kids are late for football practice!
Contact Morris Bart About Your Parking Lot Car Accident Injuries
If you have been involved in a car accident injury in a parking lot, please contact the personal injury attorneys at Morris Bart, LLC Attorneys at Law today. We offer a free case evaluation with our personal injury attorneys, who will review the details of your case and advise you on the best approach to getting the compensation you deserve.